Here's Why You Should Be Attending the 2015 Calgary Stampede:
1) It's the “Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth”, combining the best of rodeo and the greatest display of art, culture and talent. It features the world's toughest competitors all vying for cash prizes in a tournament style rodeo.
2) With more than $2 million in rodeo prize money, witness the incredible display of skills from cowboys and cowgirls every afternoon and cheer for your favourite bull rider before they get thrown off!
3) There's more than 30 rock and country acts at Nashville North and the Coca-Cola stage, with over 100 hours of rockin' performances to take in.
4) See one of the many Calgary Stampede concerts like country superstar music couple, Miranda Lambert and Blake Sheldon, or legendary singer Stevie Wonder perform as part of the Virgin Mobile Concert Series at the Calgary Saddledome.
5) Not to miss is stellar nightly entertainment, with the ever popular GMC Rangeland Derby showcasing nine heats of four chuckwagons each, the memorable TransAlta Grandstand Show featuring great song, dance and acrobatic performances plus the spectacular fireworks display.
6) You might be the lucky winner any of the fabulous prizes at the Stampede Lotteries, including a Dream Home, just for attending and trying your fortune.
7) Enjoy the “Triple B” - bulls, barbecue and beer all throughout the 10-day event in one huge patio area in Stampede Park.
8) Take part in ongoing agriculture demonstrations, animal displays and hands-on western events. These are enlightening and a great experience for visitors of all ages.
9) Indulge in great specialty food and beverages. There's breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Midway, Stampede-flavoured ice cream at MacKay’s and no shortage of fresh lemonade either. Barbecued beef-on-a-bun with a beer is always a crowd favourite while watching rodeo.
10) The Calgary Stampede is a unique experience unrivalled for its excitement and variety, with the many captivating sights, sounds and scents. It's a once a year opportunity to dress up in your favourite western wear, bring out the cowboy spirit in you, and shout out...