Also known as Killarney Glengarry, the community of Killarney was formally annexed to the City of Calgary in 1910.
There was slow development of mostly one-storey structures in Killarney before the Second World War. On a piecemeal basis, these old clapboard structures were replaced with medium-density infill housing starting 2002. Since its establishment in the 60s, Killarney has undergone tremendous development. This community is rich in athletic and recreational facilities, with two golf courses, an indoor ice rink at Optimist Park, an indoor pool on 17th Avenue, Edworthy Park with mountain bike trails and the Bow River pathways.
It has several private and public schools, with the Mount Royal College immediately to its south. Killarney has easy…
1366 Views, 0 Comments